Anita Afriyie is back on VGMA issues and this time is calling on her counterparts to return Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMAs) to purge themselves of acquiring the awards through bribery.
This follows accusation by the Public Relations Officer of Charterhouse George Quaye that gospel musicians win the awards through bribes.
Anita charged them to get serious and return those awards to prove Charter house’s PRO wrong.
The ‘Adehye mogya’ hit maker in an interview with host of Ultimate FM’s E-Review Naa Klordey Odonkor, disclosed that returning the awards were long overdue saying that is the only way the musicians can prove to Ghanaians and entertainment critics that they are not fake.
“If I had paid bribe, I would have returned the award by now, return the awards and take videos and pictures, so we know you are serious. If they would return the awards any time soon, I support them. I would clap for them and know that indeed they are gospel musicians who are seriously pursuing the works of God.
I would have been so much happier if they had already returned the awards, their move is long overdue. They shouldn’t sit down aloof and watch Charter house PRO publicly disgrace them,” she stated.
She asked if people will accept that they genuinely acquired the awards if they refuse to return them.
READ MORE about the VGMA bribe saga:
- Gospel artists offer the most bribes for VGMAs – George Quaye Reveals
- George Quaye’s statement is stupid talk – Cwesi Oteng
- GEORGE QUAYE APOLOGIZES FOR SAYING GOSPEL ARTISTES OFFERED HIM BRIBE
- Organizers of Ghana VGMA demanded money (bribe) from me – Anita Afriyie
- Ohemaa Mercy Will Return All VGMAs Plagues Due To Bribery Allegations – Management
- Bernard Amankwah Joins Cwesi Oteng In Urging Gospel Artistes To Boycott 2017 VGMA
- Charterhouse dismisses VGMA bribery claim by Anita Afriyie